Why become a member?
- Garden Visits: explore member's gardens for informal summer evening visits
- Informative Talks: guest lecturers both local and from out of town
- Seed exchanges: club members exchange seeds
- Group ordering of interesting plants
- Opportunity for involvement in developing, planting and maintaining plant collections
- Explore the blooming experience in Prince George through members only garden visits
- Plant sales: featuring annuals, perennials, shrubs, trees, house plants, compost, gardening advice and much more
- Advance notice of society activities
- Networking with experienced and knowledgeable Prince George gardeners
- Access to the Botanical Garden Society library at The Exploration Place through the Society Librarian
- Participation in a project of international status to help develop a world class botanical garden in Prince George
Printable membership form in PDF (acrobat reader required) [update form]
Or fill out our online membership form.
We are always seeking volunteers - No knowledge of plants is required. Volunteer as little or a much as you wish - ongoing or just for our special events.
We have many projects planned that may be of interest so be sure to check out the garden maintenance calendar and join us for a day in the garden.
The David Douglas Botanical Garden Society is partially funded through the generous support of donors. Donations are greatly appreciated and are tax deductable.
Donate your recyclable containers
If you have any empty recyclable containers that you are returning to the bottle depot consider making a donation to the David Douglas Botanical Garden Society. Accounts are available at both the BBK bottle depot ( 2629 Vance Road, block south of Costco) and the Nechako bottle depot ( 1922 - 1st Avenue).
The society is actively fundraising in the community. Check out the fundraising page to find out about local events and how you can help.
Link to this Website
If you have a web page, please consider linking to the website. It's a quick way to share one of your favourite places.
We have provided a button for use on your site if you would like to provide your visitors with a link to our site. Simply copy the snippet of code provided below and paste it into your page and viola you will see the image shown below on your site that will link directly to us!
|<a href="http://www.ddbotgarden.bc.ca/"><img src="http://www.ddbotgarden.bc.ca/uploads/images/Link.jpg" alt="[click here for the David Douglas Botanical Garden Society website]" width="150" height="50" border="0"></a>|
Go Ahead and Talk!
If you've had an enjoyable experience at the garden or a society event, please tell a friend or neighbour or talk about the garden at a community meeting or garden club. Or, if you have a website, please write about your experiences at the garden. We appreciate your help in building awareness about the David Douglas Botanical Garden Society and its mission!
Purchase from our Plant Sale
Our membership holds an annual plant sale that is a large part of our fundraising efforts. Come out and network with other gardeners and enjoy the day. Check out the dates for the next plant sale.